Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Visitor, 2008

I saw this movie at the Ritz East with my Dad. We hadn't actually planned to see this film. I had read the current reviews online and we had decided on a comedy. I guess I did not pay enough attention to the title of the film we chose or the Ritz it was playing at. We got to the theater just as it was starting, and quickly realized that this didn't look like the movie that we had picked.


The Visitor (2008)


The Visitor starts out rather ominously and I really began to wonder what we had gotten ourselves into. Thankfully this movie is really good and I am glad that we ended up seeing it together. My Dad enjoyed it.

It is a movie about a college professor and a young couple who unexpectedly enter his life. Richard Jenkins delivers a very fine performance. Also stars Haaz Sleiman and Danai Jekesai Gurira. Written and directed by Thomas McCarthy.


Melody's Stars: *****


Rating System:
*****=Worth Buying
****=Worth Seeing in Theaters
***=Worth Renting
**=Worth Watching on TV
*=Worth Watching if also cleaning house or doing paperwork
0=Total waste of time
Fail=So bad it doesn't even make the rating system

No comments:

Post a Comment