Saturday, January 17, 2009

City of Ember, 2008

I'm not quite sure why, but I really liked this film. For an action/adventure family film it is not too cheesy and the young stars (Saoirse Ronan as Lina Mayfleet and Harry Treadaway as Doon Harrow) are quite likable. Bill Murray often gets on my nerves, but I even enjoyed his performance as Mayor Cole.

City of Ember (2008)


There are a number of intense scenes (including a very hungry mole rat) so I would not recommend this movie for most children under 10.
Directed by Gil Kenan the movie also features Tim Robbins and Liz Smith.

Melody's Stars: ****


Rating System:
*****=Worth Buying
****=Worth Seeing in Theaters
***=Worth Renting
**=Worth Watching on TV
*=Worth Watching if also cleaning house or doing paperwork
0=Total waste of time
Fail=So bad it doesn't even make the rating system

No comments:

Post a Comment